Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Quest for Modern Design

Hello, my name is Miles Garner and I am a junior here at Cal State Hayward University. I have played both college and professional football for twelve years of my life. Through this experience I have traveled to nearly all of the major states of our country. When I traveled and spoke to many different people, the one universal word that every coast was familiar with was ghetto. We have all said ghetto at some point; that is ghetto, ghetto-fabulous, or do not go there that is the ghetto. This terminology has been misused and misinterpreted by most people in society, often creating a negative stigma to the neighborhood.
The financial quest for modern architecture symbolizes the expression of inner professionalism. During post World War Two, the emergence of different architectural styles that the urban middle class sought after became a necessity. I am going to research the architectural changes throughout the city of Hayward and the people that have influenced them the most. I aim to show that the advances in architectural design allowed the social and spatial arrangements of classes in Hayward, California. From the ghetto to grand Victorian homes, each residential neighborhood has a rich history that is often overlooked. This research will help the community of Hayward better understand the social composition of most neighborhoods.

No comments:

Post a Comment